Randleman, North Carolina
1.2

Received a quote, verified by my driving record (at least that's what the website says during the process) and purchased a 6 month policy, paying all 6 at once with what I believed was a good rate. Within a week I get an email saying I will be billed an extra $40 at the end of the month.

I called customer service, and that 40 turned into 100, which I would be billed on the first of the month to cover the increase for the 6 month period. They claimed it was due to an accident that showed up, that I didn't disclose because it wasn't my fault. Since they couldn't verify that it wasn't my fault yet, even though on my record it says no parties at fault, (I was hit by a girl with expired insurance and she got away with it) they now need to perform a 48 hour investigation on this claim to make sure I wasn't at fault and then the rate might go back down. They also claim an increase because of seat belt tickets I didn't disclose, seat belt tickets don't count as points on my record so of course I didn't disclose them.

Seems like they will look for anything as justification to raise you rates AFTER they said they'd already confirmed your records with your license number, AFTER you've already paid for your policy. Classic bait and switch!

Product or Service Mentioned: Esurance Auto Insurance.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

That's exactly what happens when you assume. Points are not what most preferred insurance companies base their rates on.

Failing to follow the law by refusing to wear your seatbelt lets the insurance company know what type of risk you are.

Your record shows them you're a higher than average risk. In return, you get higher than average rates.

Never try to figure out all of the ins and outs and formulas used by insurance companies. Answer every answer truthfully and fully, every time.

There are companies that will deny you coverage just for failure to disclose regardless of the reason.

Keep in mind, you do buy insurance, you apply for insurance.

Esurance Reviews