1.3

I have been with esurance for a year. Prior to joining them I was with another large company.

In the 30 years I have been driving I have never needed to put in a claim. I was paying a premium to esurance for comprehensive and collision. I recently visited Long Island, NY and suffered some damage in a parking lot. The culprit did not leave contact information.

I put the claim into esurance. They request my body shop put in an estimate and I forward pictures of the damage. I did as they asked and the estimate is around $2800.00. I will not take the time to go into the series of esurance incompetence that followed.Everything from missing documents to duplicating the claim.

It is two months now and they have tried everything to avoid paying on the damage. They have initiated an "investigation" into the claim requesting all my financial information, all my cellphone and text data, the complete maintenance history for the vehicle, my credit card purchases for the month prior and preceding the date of the claim and they request that the people I visited contact their in house investigator, This is an obvious harassment tactic and I have recently told them to charge me with insurance fraud and lets get to the next stage of this fight. If you get basic liability then this might be a good company, if they are the cheapest company.

If you want collision and comprehensive then it would pay to look else where. This company may not pay on your claim.

Product or Service Mentioned: Esurance Auto Claim.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Esurance Cons: That they swindled me.

Comments