Indianapolis, Indiana

I signed up for a quote and was happy with the amount, so I paid the 1st month's payment. I just so happened to log onto my account to check my payment date and saw that they had added $250 to my monthly payment!!!

No warning, no email, no call - NOTHING. They were going to deduct almost $390 from my bank account with NO WARNING, if I hadn't checked for the payment date.

I immediately got them on the phone, and they transferred me to this nasty woman, who said I had 3 at-fault accidents that I didn't report. Actually, I had 2 not-at-fault accidents and one at-fault accident that my daughter had, and I revealed that when I signed up for the policy.

This woman said I needed to send in proof, along with proof that I had insurance with another company for the past year. I said, no, YOU need to get proof because THAT'S YOUR JOB. And the fact that they never notified me that they had raised my premium is beyond me! Oh, and when I called to cancel, they had tacked on ANOTHER $100 to my policy, and tried to charge me a $50 cancellation fee.

along with a $150 fee that I 'owed' for the remainder of the month. I told them good luck in getting that money and bid them adieu!

Product or Service Mentioned: Esurance Auto Insurance.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments