Gaithersburg, Maryland

I obtained an auto insurance quote from esurance.com and subsequently purchased the policy.

I paid in full.

As soon as esurance had taken my payment in full, they requested all kinds of proof for their supposed "discounts." They requested proof of previous policy or my rate would go up by $ 300 which was a 40% increase of my current premium.

I provided proof of my previous coverage so my policy premium remained the same.

The following day (day 1 of my policy being in effect), they reviewed my policy declarations and although I had provided proof of insurance during the last 6 months, they stated that my Bodily Injury Limit was 30k person/60k incident and for this reason, my rating was being downgraded and my policy with esurance was going from 50k/100k bodily injury to 30k/60k and my policy premium was still going up another $ 205 (which was about 33% higher than the current premium I had).

Geico provided a cheaper quote without any of the arbitrary rules that esurance had.

To me it seemed as though they were going to find any excuse to spike my premium after the supposed "discounts" they provided.

How can they lower your limits and spike your premium?

How is my bodily injury limit relevant to my new insurance policy and then a reason to spike my policy premium?

To me it seems, they make you jump through hoops and more to provide any supposed discount. They have arbitrary, subjective and beneficial policies to them to spike your premium once you are on the hook.

Upon cancellation of a policy I used 1 day, they take the liberty of charging me a 10% cancellation fee of the total policy premium-not the $ 754 they originally quoted me and priced me, but rather the $ 960, they had spiked the premium to, after I was already on the hook with them.

My 1 day policy and stress with esurance cost me $ 100.

To put the cherry on top, they e-mailed me documentation to return a driver sense device for another insured in another state. Just another sign of the disorganization of this company and their true colors.

I could have used that money in much better ways.

I have policy now through Geico.

Whatever you do, avoid Esurance.

Product or Service Mentioned: Esurance Auto Insurance.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Esurance Cons: Premium spike, Refund policy, Cancellation fee.

• auto insurance
  • Esurance Horrible

Comments

OMG they just did the same thing to me after one week. I get a letter in the mail stating a rate increase.

Esurance Reviews